The 21st Century Learning Alliance site (hereafter referred to as “the site”) has been created exclusively for use by the UK education community and their related discussions. Agreement with these Rules of Conduct and use of the site imply concurrence with the following terms of service:
1. One registration is allowed per Member. By agreeing to these Rules, you certify that you have not accessed the site with another e-mail address that has had its privileges revoked.
2. Once you log in to your 21st Century Learning Alliance account and access the site, you thereby read and/or post messages at your own risk. Messages posted to the site and the content therein are not encrypted or secured by other means, and are available for unlimited viewing and printing by fellow users. You are solely responsible for the content of your postings.
3. The 21st Century Learning Alliance is not responsible for any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses that directly or indirectly result from your use of the site or your posted message content.
4. The 21st Century Learning Alliance disclaims responsibility for defamation, obscenity or any posted content that may be considered inappropriate by some users. The 21st Century Learning Alliance reserves the right to remove any posting at any time.
5. The 21st Century Learning Alliance does not serve an editorial function in relation to these posts and is not responsible for their content. However, the 21st Century Learning Alliance may manually mediate or screen posted messages prior to online publication. Messages may be manually edited for content or length. Third-party links may be deleted, and self-serving posts will be blocked.
6. The 21st Century Learning Alliance reserves the right to apply automatic, computerised word filters to postings. These filters remove common expletives and obscenities without affecting overall message content. If and when applied, this filtering process will screen site postings as they are published.
7. Any posting containing an obscenity will be blocked, and therefore not posted.
8. When posting messages, keep discussion as close as possible to the topic at hand.
9. The 21st Century Learning Alliance reserves the right to automatically block individual users from posting messages to the site. The following activity is not permitted within the site and could result in revocation of your posting privileges at our discretion:
a. Posting of material designed to advertise or market enterprises, products or services.
b. Use of expletives, obscenities, or potentially libelous, defamatory, threatening or inappropriate words or statements.
c. Publishing of another user’s personal information without permission.